Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Latest Great News...


    Manny "PACMAN" Pacquiao won over Antonio "MENACING MINUS" Margarito. ( I'm sorry guys I just don't know his alias honestly.:P) and THAT is the latest great news in the country... Every Filipinos are rejoicing for the eight title win of Manny Pacquiao....Good fight for Margarito though, he remained standing till the twelfth round...although Pacquiao dominated all rounds (except 6th)  it doesn't change the fact that Margarito is a big hitter with a good chin.

    I watched NBN news last three days ago, a day after the Pacquiao vs. Margarito fight. The show is " People, Politics,Power". Two boxing sports analysts, along with the host, discussed about Pacquiao's 12 round unanimous decision win. When this final words by sports analyst Ronnie Nathanielsz ringed into my ears, "..I remember, my dear friend said there are three great Filipinos of our time... Carlos P. Romulo, Cory Aquino, and Manny Pacquiao...and I believe he's right."

    WBC President also said Manny(as a boxer) is like from "another planet", the way he fight, his respect and his compassion for his opponents... but above all this he's still the same humble poor boy from General Santos City. That boy, who made his way up seven more divisions,(that makes it eight), remained down on his feet.In his prime, but remained humble...
    Almost all of us think Manny Pacquiao is great, for us Manny Pacquiao winning a boxing match is the greatest news of all... but did you know that there is much greater (here's my redundancy again, but I mean it that way cause I want to emphasize something eh) MUCH GREATER NEWS than Pacquiao winning over a brawl... the great news is.... Jesus Christ won his fight against Satan to save you...yes...to save you..

    Manny Pacquiao might have his own reasons to fight, maybe to help his people? to make himself known? or to be an example to other poor Filipinos who have dreams to excel... Manny has his own level of care to his people but nothing compares to the care and compassion Jesus Christ gave when He died on the cross for us... He defeated death... after three days He rose back to life,and ascended to heaven..Such a winning Savior!

   As for me, Pacquiao is a great fighter but he's nothing compare to my Jesus who fought a fight that involves me (all of us.) and won it!  Pacquiao may win more fights and people will rejoice for it, but I rejoice only to the one who deserve all the praise--- Jesus, My Savior.

No comments: