Saturday, October 30, 2010

Seventy...Heaven!

   I mentioned on my first blog "Seven Cups of Rice" that i love the number-- SEVEN (7)... and right now I have another great memory to add up with this awesome number! Wanna hear it? Keep on reading..

 
  For so long I have been praying, and thinking at the same time, what would be the best way to minister in my neighborhood? Just last Friday, God gave me the answers, in a way I never imagined...
  Living far away from church (our house is 2 towns away from our church) I miss the times that I spent longer hours doing church ministries… Especially, my ministries with the kids... Although, I still teach Sunday School every Sundays. It’s still not enough for me. So, I started asking God how to serve Him right where I’m exactly at—at home.

  I have this habit of keeping in touch with my friends although we don’t normally see each other. Last Monday, a close friend of mine, Ate Lea, and I talked over the phone (not actually talked, but through text messaging.) I opened up to her that I’ve been praying to reach out to my neighbors, I told her that I have this simple dream of gathering (a few number of) kids, and telling them stories about Jesus. I actually missed an opportunity 2 years ago, when I helped the kids prepare on a Christmas presentation, I could have started a small group right after, but I haven’t met up with them ever since...Kids just grow fast, some are teenagers already, meaning they have different interests now, some of them left our village already, and it’s sad to think, they never heard of Jesus. Ate Lea knows my heart for the kids, as she opened up some great news for me…

  “We can conduct a film-showing there!” Ate Lea has been working with CEF (Christ Evangelism Fellowship) they go to different places doing outreaches, trainings, open-air evangelism, primarily for the kids… “Well that’s a great idea!” I said.., “I’ll negotiate it over with the Homeowner’s president tomorrow.”
Friday came, to tell you what I’ve been sick throughout the week... I’ve been weak physically and, Satan attacked I’ve been weak spiritually also…I almost backed out! I actually sent a message to Ate Lea that I want to reschedule the outreach, but God didn’t allow it… We go on. And I’ thankful we did!

  I waited for them until 6:30PM, the President and I went house to house to invite more in the film-showing. Right when the CEF team came, we went outside the village to invite more people. We focused first and foremost to the kids, but I was surprised to know that some parents came also… The kids were just so filled with enthusiasm when we invited them to come over. They just want to come even though they don't know what "film-showing" is. My dream of having a "few number" of kids is not just what God wants for me.. He want more. A lot more...


  In one instance, when I was walking on the busy streets inviting, I came close to two kids (probably both 4-5 years old) and I got their attention, they instantly held my hand and said “We want to come with you.” But I said, “Oh, we have to ask for your parent’s permissions first.” The one insist,” No, I want to go with you.” The girl with the pink headdress insisted.

kids praying the "sinner's prayer"
  Seven o’clock (oh!here’s the number again.) in the evening when we started the show. Kids( and some parents) came all over the place.. I’m surprised to realize that the crowd was so receptive, they were all peacefully watching (if you know kids, you’ll agree that “behaving” is unusual for them especially when there are a lot of kids around.) all throughout they behave nicely, and they were all very responsive when Pastor Joel ( National Director of CEF) came forward and shared the Gospel to the kids.

we gave away magazines to the kids after the film-showing
When asked who wanted their sins forgiven,asked Christ to be their Lord, and wanted to go to that wonderful place called "Heaven"...all of the kids, around seventy of them... raised their hands and they all openly prayed the "sinner's prayer"...

"Seventy...Heaven.
"
I can't judge their hearts if they truly accepted Christ. But one thing sure, they heard of Jesus... of his loving mercy....and this is what I hope for... I hope that I'll be seeing those "seventy" in Heaven someday....

2 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Fantastic image. I like the clouds, blue sky and green grass.

Happy Sunday.

♥shybutterfly♥ said...

thanks for the comment Dr. Russ!:)i love the photo too!:)